Presidio ISD is committed to sound financial management through integrity, prudent stewardship, planning, accountability, full disclosure and open communication. The purpose of our Procedural Manual is to enable the district to achieve and maintain a stable long-term financial condition, provide guidelines for the day-to-day planning and operations of the district’s financial affairs, and communicate the district’s financial practices with stakeholders.
The Presidio ISD Business Office is responsible for accounting and financial reporting, internal controls, operating and capital budgeting, revenue management, investment and asset management, debt management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, receiving, and payroll/benefits.
The Business Office is committed to a system of strong fiscal operations, including conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); and compliance with finance-related legal and contractual issues in accordance with the Texas Education Code and other legal mandates.
*The Procedural Manual shall be reviewed and updated as necessary.
SOme of business office responsibilities:
- Maintaining fiduciary and financial responsibility for all grant activities
- Processing and maintaining the accounting data for the grant
- Grant accounting shall include the details of all grant transactions from the approval of the proposed grant to final action by the grantee and grantor
- Requesting funds through the automated payment request systems
- Preparing and submitting written expenditure reports and certifying expenses are true and correct
- Classifying and reporting the accounting transactions properly according to TEA guidelines
- Filing the following reports:
- Periodic expenditure reports
- Final expenditure reports
- Revised final expenditure report (if necessary)
STAFF DIRECTORY AVAILABLE HERE
Raquel Baeza Business Manager
Karime Mora Accounts Payable Clerk
Yohana Colomo Payroll Clerk
Armida Medina PEIMS Coordinator
Elizabeth Melendez Office Generalist
BUSINESS OFFICE DOCUMENTS